Ad

Monday, February 9, 2015

Wedding Singer . . .Deja Vu!

Recently, I wrote a post about the troubles with getting ahead.  Now I just realize it was not to be.  I feel like Adam Sandler's character in The Wedding Singer.  To be successful he quits music and tries to get a job at a bank to make more money.  That's the way I feel.  I feel I need to move up and for what?  Of course, more money.  I don't want it so I can buy things or name brands.  The more I make, the less I will want things.  I think I'd rather make a difference in a child's life.  That to me seems more important.  I am just going to have to be content with were I am.

I found out the other day that I'm not ready for more responsibility.  If find that strange.  I was a manager at a movie theater, I have a college degree, but I have even gone one step further.  I have a Masters.  Why?  Revert back to The Wedding Singer.  I guess I thought that once I had that, I'd just be whisked into the upper chambers of my workplace.  Not where I am.  I don't think it even matters.  I know at my other job, my supervisor seemed proud that people she moved up did not have as much education.  Maybe it's insurance.

Word of advice.  If you are going for higher learning, make sure it's going to pay off.  I feel like I wasted about 4 years and a little bit of money.  I do have a nice sheet of paper I can frame.  I don't think it would impress many at the position I am at.  They might even wonder why I am at this level.  A masters degree might impress a few, but I have not found those people.

No comments: