Ad

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Unit 731 in the News

As I have mentioned in another post, Unit 731 museum is a place of interest in Harbin.  Yesterday, I read an article about it from the AP (http://news.yahoo.com/chinese-scars-endure-70-years-unit-731-liberation-033113159.html;_ylt=AwrTWfxgCtZU7U8A6QTQtDMD).  Interesting article, but it left out two things.  US POW's may have been victims of the atrocities and that the US granted immunity to people involved.   The article even said that Japan's courts admitted that it existed, but that compensation is up the the government.  Everyone acknowledges what happened to the Jews in Germany, so I don't see why these atrocities should not get the same acknowledgement from the world.  I did not even know about this until I found out my daughter came from this province.  I think we owe it to history to put this in the books.  It should tell the whole story.  What the Japanese did and what the US did in the end.  It probably would not happen, but how are we to stop things like this when we cover it up or pretend we did not do it.  Of course, people will point out, as this article did, that China needs to own up to what it has done.  Someone needs to start.  If not them. . .

No comments: