Ad

Friday, February 20, 2015

Ebay: Size does matter and the little things

We got a message from someone about one of the posters.  I had forgotten to place the size on the posting.  When you use Ebay to sell things, make sure you include all pertinent facts.  I usually would include the size as part of the heading, but overlooked it.  I also have a Shawshank that I am selling.  I could not just list this one as new.  The poster had a little wear and a tear mark.  I included pictures and explained that.  If you try to pass something off as new, you will pay for it in the end.  They buyer can demand a refund, put negative feedback, etc.  You don't want negative feedback.  Sometimes, you can counter their complaint, but it could go down to he said she said.  Who will be believed?  Probably the person with the higher status.  I try to treat people the way I want to be treated.  When I wrap my posters, I take care to wrap it.  I know what shipping can do to these posters.  We had many a poster get damaged in shipping.  That was not just USPS.  It happened with all the carriers.

I also have hit a limit.  I started with 10 and was upped to 100.  The only catch is the the first 100 listings are free.  After that it is .30 per listing.  You'd think that would only be for posters that sell.  It is for all listings and relistings.  I thought they would not count relistings.  Now I have to wait until Sunday March 1 to list again.  Guess I will gather posters that have greater chances of selling first.

No comments: