Ad

Monday, February 9, 2015

Attending a dance with your Children

We had the luck of bringing our daughters to a dance.  I wish I could say that I look forward to these events, but we do not have many friends among the parents.  Angie does bring the girls to church, but it is not something we are forcing on the kids.  If they want to learn, I don't mind.  Getting back to the dance, it was loud and annoying.  I got up for a plate of food and before I got back a person was already sitting where I was.  My jacket was even there.

At one point they called up the fathers, but my daughters would not be caught dead dancing with me.  They were too busy running around with their friends.  When you see some of these families, you can probably guess that they know each other from church or/and sporting events.  When I have to bring my daughters to birthdays, they are always talking about games.  We tried some things, but our daughters aren't motivated enough to keep up with the commitment.  My nine year old has stuck with dance.

If you have not been to a school event or if you have, please forgive me.  I know your sorrow about attending.  If you enjoy, I am sorry.  These events are just not for us.  The girls like to attend and its a small sacrifice to make.

One last thing, when we go to China, you can look around and see that you are the minority.  That goes the same for a school event.  We can look around and feel like a minority there too.  Usually there are not that many Asian students.  Maybe Fresh off the Boat will have an episode dealing with that.

No comments: