Ad

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Ebay. . .Don't overlook things due to a Minor Blemish

I have been selling Shawshank Redemption posters.  The demand has been high.  A couple of weeks ago, I was going through the remaining posters and I noticed that I had one damaged poster.  The edges were worn and there was a minor tear in the side.  I was not going to sell it.  I kept selling the others for a decent price.  So, I decided I would try, but I would list the defects.  If you do try to sell something with damage, make sure to spell out the damage and/or takes pictures.  I would have been happy with $10 or $20.  I listed the poster and even started it at .99.  I did not have much hope.  Within a day or two, I had a bid of $14.00.  Yesterday the bidding ended.  It went for above $50.00.  If you think something with a little damage will not sell due to that damage, try anyway.  You won't know until you try.  You might be pleasantly surprised.  Just remember to spell out the damage.  You do not want a complaint that you were trying to deceive the customers.

No comments: