Ad

Thursday, February 5, 2015

First Time in a Chinese Hotel, Duck your head if your tall!

After our long and exhausting flight, we found our guide and waited.  We had to wait for another family to arrive.  As we did, we looked around, but there was not much to see.  It was around 10:00pm.  We got into our passenger van and headed to the hotel.  The hotel was only a couple of blocks from the airport.  The hotel we stayed at was the Sino-Swiss Hotel.  It is a European style hotel in Beijing.

We all checked in and headed for our rooms.  Once off the elevator, I noticed how low the ceiling was in the hallway.  I could reach up and touch it.  I wondered what would happen if a basketball player came here.  They would probably have to bend their heads.  The room was okay.  I was just glad to be off the airplane.  We put up our things and went to bed.  The next morning was going to be a busy one.

3:00 am.  That was the time on the clock when I woke up.  It was not just a go the the bathroom wake up, I was fully awake.  It was like I had slept.  My body would not allow me to go back to sleep.  Angie and I turned on the television and waited for morning.

The hotel had a great buffet.  They had bacon, eggs, toast, cereals, etc.  They also had some Chinese things like steamed buns and dumplings.  Behind the cook station, a chef was making omelets.  Everything looked good, but I made sure not to eat a lot of greasy foods.  I did not want to use the bathroom in public.  If I did, it was probably going to be a squat pot.

For a short stay, I would say this was a nice hotel.  All I really need is a nice bed, bathroom and I will be fine.  Some people complained about it, but that always happens.  No matter where people go, not everyone will be happy with their accommodations.  It always makes me wonder what they are used to staying in.

I have attached pictures, but did not take any inside the hotel.  Once again, I stress take as many pictures as you can.  You can always delete, but you can't just go back to retake them.  They do have a website.


 

No comments: