Ad

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Tom a to or tom ah to a difference of opinion

We got some feedback on Ebay today.  It seems someone thinks I misrepresented a sale of a poster.  I have a disclaimer explaining that Angie and I worked in movie theaters in the 1990's.  That should be any one's first clue.  The second clue that this poster is not an earlier poster is that it is rolled.  I do not know if they rolled many past posters.  When we started, they were sending us folded posters.  Believe me, I did not like the folded posters.  If it was I say so.  I am even selling a Jurassic Park poster that got damaged in shipping.  I stated it has a tear and some wear.  You can see it in the picture.

We had sold a Heavy Metal poster on Ebay.  This movie came out in 1981.  But, they rereleased it in the 90's.  When I sold it, I stated that it was an Original Movie Poster.  I did not state that it was THE original 1981 poster.  When I say original movie poster, I mean it is the poster the movie company sent to the movie theater to display it.  It is not a video poster and it is not a reprint.  It is original for the rerelease.  The only thing that I am guilty of was leaving off rerelease.  I did have the picture of the poster.  They could have researched it or asked me that question.  The poster took 2 weeks to sell.    I also just look at the picture I provided.  It has the date 1996 for the artwork.  I was not hiding anything.

Another clue that this was not THE original poster would have been the price.  If I had a mint condition 1981 poster that was not folded, I think I would have asked for more than 7.00 starting.  This poster only had one bidder.  I think if others thought it was THE original, they would have been bidding also.

Lesson learned.  I need to remember little things like this.  At least the Wizard of Oz person did not think their poster was an original.  Try to include all facts, even mundane ones that you did not think would be an issue.  This can lead to a negative review or loss of a customer.  I do not want either.

No comments: