Ad

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Flying and a fear of Small Places

I really like flying.  I even wanted a job in the field, but I found it hard to get a job and the pay did not sound great for the amount of time you were away from your family.  I was thinking on the level of the movie theater.  When we worked there, free movies were part of our benefits.  I've heard most companies make their employees fly standby.  Flying out of Orlando is not that hard to do.  It is flying back where you would have a problem.

Flying for 18-25 hours is not that most fun, especially when you are bringing home a scared baby/child.  Once a flight is finished, the worst part is getting off.  The air usually goes off and everyone is in a rush to get off.  I usually am trying to grab 4-5 carry on bags and juggle them.  A part of me starts to feel claustrophobic.  I just want to get out or use the bathroom.

I said that I like flying, but I do have a line that I do not like to cross.  I am not a big fan of those small connector flights.  I have only been on one of them.  I did not like it.  When I got on the plane, I had to bend my head.  I could feel the claustrophobia setting in.  Once I was in my seat I was a little better.  Luckily, during an adoption, the planes have all been of a decent size.

No comments: