Ad

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Taking Pictures (Now with Pictures)

On our first adoption, we took about 300 or so pictures.  Mainly they are of Michelle.  When I look back at the pictures I noticed that I did not take enough pictures.  For me, I'd like to look at them and be able to tell day by day what we did and what we experienced.

The second trip, the pictures increased to about 2000.  We also had to spend one extra week in China.  This time I was determined to get more pictures.  I feel like I succeeded, but probably could have taken more pictures.

The third trip, we took over 3000 pictures.  This was only a two week stay.  I was determined to take many more pictures.  The best part of digital photography is that you can upload them to a computer and then pick and choose what you want to keep or print out.  Back in the day of film, you could not do that.  Every picture you took was going to cost you to get developed.

In addition to the family pictures and sites, I have started to take pictures that tell a story of the surroundings that we are in.  Pictures of the locals relaxing, dancing, walking with their children.  These pictures help to develop the surroundings around us.  Not just the buildings and sites.  I hope to add more on this trip.  Maybe I will shoot for 4000+.  Just remember when you go on a vacation take many pictures. You may never go back to that place.










No comments: