Ad

Friday, April 10, 2015

Fundraising with an assist from a famous person

In the beginning, I thought we had a great fundraiser.  I thought people would give a little to assist in our endeavor.  I was wrong.  I did send off some requests to some actors/actress/writers.  I only received one response.  It was a writer.  He said he could not mention our fundraiser because he would have to mention it for everyone.  If you have an in with an celebrity, go for it.  I wish I had.  I have seen where Samuel L Jackson has retweeted for some Go Fund Me campaigns.  I did not want to bother him with ours.  Those children had an illness like Cancer, etc.  I did not find our need as great as theirs.   If you do your research, you might find someone who would help get the word out on you fundraiser.  We did not find those people.  If you tell a compelling enough story, they may just write back.  Wish I could have sent my Blog to Adam Sandler or Drew Barrymore.  No one in Hollywood accepts ideas for movies unless they are a someone who is represented by an agent.

No comments: