Ad

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

51 Days and Counting

I write 51 days, but this might be off.  We won't know until the agency calls to let us know something.  I feel that it is 51 days because that is the number of the countdown that I have started.  The song was 51 Days by No Use for a Name.  Other than that we are in the dark.  This creates an issue when you are trying to get things done.  They could come back and tell us it will be in May.  At least we have a tentative date to go by.  In the past, we came up to certain dates and thought it was not going to happen during Thanksgiving.  Of course, three to four weeks before they come back and tell us you are leaving the day after Thanksgiving.  You got to remember, China does not celebrate our holidays.  They have their own.  While we were there in 2005, we did see some Christmas decorations.  I think that was mainly in the hotels and they tend to serve people from other countries.
As our days tick by, we keep gathering for the big yard sale.  I keep listing on Ebay.  I did sell another Shawshank.  The posters for auction are not gathering any bids.  I just keep wondering why.  I guess people are not into posters like I was or am.  I understand a lot of them are generic, but some stand out.  I want to start on the baseball cards, but I don't think they will sell for much.  I'm not wasting lots of money to get them professionally graded.  I do have comic books, but I am waiting for the right time.  I mainly have DC versus Marvel.  Maybe the Batman V. Superman trailer will spur interest.  Depends on what they show.  I did read that it might come out next week and in front of The Avengers.  Word was that it was supposed to be in front of Mad Max.  I guess they see a lot of comic book fans going to The Avengers.

All we can do is keep waiting and checking our email.  I'm hoping for a big week end getting things into boxes so we can prepare for the sale.  I keep going over things I can get rid of.  It can be hard.  I have a mental attachment to things.  I have to get over it.

No comments: