Ad

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Our Team Won, Woo Hoo!

Why do people get so excited when a sports team wins a big game?  I used to like sports.  I guess I'd feel the same way.  I lost that appeal in the 90's.  Athletes are overpaid.  Owners are so cheap, but reap so much money.  They blackmail cities into buying them bigger and new stadiums.  When they win, do they agree to pay off more money than my tax dollars?  No, they beg for more corporate welfare.  The players only care about themselves.  They drive around in flashy cars and have huge entourages.  When they get older or are not as big as they one were, the entourage disappears.  I heard a story after the NBA championship.  You'd think the people of Cleveland won the lottery.  Will their lives be any better?  Will the team help eradicate poverty in the city?  I doubt it.  They might try to eradicate poverty for their lowest paid employees or players, but it will not be in spite of the owner and star players.  Heaven forbid that you ask a star to take a pay cut of a couple of million to help out the fellow team members.  They have generations of families to earn for.  Forget the here and now, they want to make sure that there is a dynasty with there name on it.  Getting back to my gripe.  What's the big deal when a team wins?  My life goes on.  There are still children living in poverty.  Some who are looking for forever families.  This win does not impact their life.

No comments: