Ad

Friday, June 24, 2016

Independence Day Returns

Angie and I were working at the theater when the first Independence Day came out.  The film company encouraged us to do a promotion.  We took a kid's pool, painted it and attached it to the ceiling.  We were trying to replicate the scene where a ship hovers over the White House.  I can't. Remember if we made clouds or not.  The movie corporation was not impressed with the display.  The same could be said with the movie.  I found it over rated.  It looked like the movie corporation did not give them enough money to create aliens.  It was a big movie at the time.

Today, it returns to the big screen.  It looks like the got money for aliens.  Is it any good? One point of concern is when the film corporation does not have many previews and has a embargo on reviews. One of the original actors did not come back.  I'm sure it woll do well, but I won't be surprised if it's just okay. For me, the original was more about the special effects than story.

No comments: