Ad

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Sausage Party Mix up

I read a story that brought me back to my days at the movie theater.  A theater showed a red band trailer for Sausage Party before a screening of Finding Dory.  Red Band is a trailer that has things that you would see in an R rated movie.  It could have language, nudity, and/or extreme violence.  When I was running a theater, we had the movie called Small Soldiers.  I had seen the movie before showing it.  It had toys killing people.  It's sort of like Gremlins with toys.  It was also PG-13.  I showed a preview to a new Halloween movie.  On the first day, a mother come out of the theater.  She was upset that we had that preview on the movie.  First of all, it was a green band movie.  Second of all, Small Soldiers was not a movie for small kids.  I think parents thought it was because it had toys in it.  When I put the preview on the movie, it was sort of an alert to the kind of film they were about to watch.  In the end, I took off the preview.  I don't think it was as bad as showing Sausage Party before Finding Dory.

No comments: