Ad

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Great Wall of China September 2009

We were back after about 4 years.  We went to the same section of Great Wall.  It must be the only one our agency goes to.  This time, we had three girls.  As we walked towards the wall, I was thinking how am I going to do this.  I was prepared to out do the last trip.  My goal was the top of the hill.

As we approached, Kayla was flanked by her admirers.  The girls posed for a picture.  I don't think Kiersten was happy about it.  Once the photo session was done, the girls turned and asked if they could go with me.  I said no.  I was not going to be able to carry them down when they got tired.  I figured it would be pretty quick.  

The climb began, I was making good time.  The first turret did not take long.  I took out the camera to take some pictures.  When I turned it on, I noticed that I did not have space for pictures.  The bag was at the base with Angie.  I had to walk all the way back down.  

With a fresh card, I started out again.  I got my pictures at the turret and was off to the next one.  By the next one, I was getting tired.  Once again I was getting passed by the elderly.  Then I saw a sign that warned if you had brain or heart issues to proceed with caution.  I turned back.












No comments: