Ad

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Great Wall of China December 2005

The day we went to the Great Wall, it was cool from what I remember.  There are multiple sections to visit.  We got to know the Juyongguan Pass part of the Great Wall.  We arrived at the ticket area and waited for our guide to give us the okay.  Angie and I walked up some of the stairs, but she did not last long.  I felt more adventurous.  The stairs went straight up.  The spacing was like double the size of normal stairs.

I made it to the first turret okay.  I was a little winded.  By the next one, I was panting.  I had locals, in their 70's to 80's passing me.  At that point I knew I had to exercise better.  I carefully turned back and walked down the stairs.  On one section, I was worried my legs were going to give out.  They felt like rubber.  All I could think was that if I fell, it was going to hurt.

While I was climbing, Angie was looking at the gift shops and looking for bargains.  Once I made it  back, I discovered that everyone was waiting on me.






No comments: