Ad

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

$10 Pint of ice cream

In China, we did not see many dairy products.  Through our many visits, we have gone into many stores.  On one visit, I happened to look in a freezer and see Ben and Jerry's.  I thought this was great.  Since the rate of the dollar was around 6 Yaun to 1 Dollar, I thought it would be cheaper.  Well I was wrong!  The price was around $10 for a pint of ice cream.  Thinking it over, I guess they had to import it from America.  Since demand was not that great for dairy products, the price would be higher.  It was also high in the Baskin Robins.  Suffice it to say, but we did not get any while we were there. 

Wait, I was wrong.  Angie and the kids did get some at the Great Wall.  I think the flavor was milk flavor.  We also spent some money on a four pack, but I beleive it was a Chinese made popsicle.  It had to have been, because I'm not going to spend much on ice cream. 

On our third trip, it was during the winter/spring.  Beijing was cold   .  To me, it was hot cocoa weather.  We were bundled up.  We saw people eating ice cream. 


No comments: