Ad

Monday, May 23, 2016

Tiny Inspiration

I have been watching a lot of Tiny House shows.  I mainly watch it for inspiration.  I want to shrink down what we have in the house to give us more room.  We got a pallet a couple of weeks ago.  I did not know what to do with it.  I wanted to use it for something, but I did not know what.  When it comes to these kind of projects, I am a better idea person than a person who actually does something.  You can just Angie about that.  She does not like me using any of the tools.  I got an idea of what to do from Tiny House Nation.  They showed a planter that they built from a pallet.  I tried to build one.  It looked good, until I tried to place it in the ground.  The first problem I came up on was that when they built our house, they dumped their garbage in the back yard and covered it with dirt.  When I dig a hole, I always seem to hit hard surfaces.  I finally found a place to put the planter.  I came upon another issue.  The top level was only accessible by ladder.  I thought I could pound it down with a hammer.  They did not work.  Finally, I cut it in half.  It looks pretty good.  I have told the girls that they can paint it.  I did place dirt in half of the planter.  I sowed some seeds.  I will have to see if it works.  Tune in, I will post pictures.

No comments: