Ad

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Old Style Television Animation

Next movie in my marathon is Spawn.  During the 90's the did a movie version of Spawn.  It was New Line's version of Batman.  The only problem is that Spawn was an adult comic book.  Leave it to Hollywood to water down a comic book made for adults.  The movie I watched was from HBO.  They actually created an animated version of the comic book.  The biggest problem I had with it is the animation. You'd think HBO would put some money into the production.  It looks like the same animation that straight to video movies use.  I really could not get passed that.  If you want to see Spawn, look for the comic books or wait for the movie.  The creator hopes with the success of Deadpool, he will be able to bring an R rated Spawn to theaters(live action, I hope).

No comments: