Ad

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Explain Yourself!

Don't you hate it when something happens at work and someone demands that you explain why it happened.  It happened all the time at my last job.  The underwiters would throw you under the bus.  Actually, they would push you front of it, have your supervisor run you over and then have QC backup and do it again.  I got an email wondering why I had entered something.  At first, I thought that I had overlooked something.  I checked the worksheets.  The item was not there.  Found out, I hit a line that the group did not have and the system thought that meant to add it.  It did not show anywhere, that is until it was in the system.  I explained the situation.  It's one thing to ask, but you have to do it a certain way.  When you accuse somebody of doing it on purpose, it really does not help.  Computers can have issues.  Our program is not 100% accurate every minute of the day.  Things happen, we fix them and move on with our lives.

No comments: