Ad

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Movie Review: Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon: The Sword of Destiny

A year or so ago, I heard that Netflix was going to finance a sequel to Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.  I was ecstatic.  I loved the first movie.  Angie and I even went to see it in the theater.  The other day, Netflix released the movie.  I was starting to get worried.  I saw the preview and everyone was speaking English.  How could this happen?  Did Marco Polo arrive and teach everyone English? One of the things I enjoyed about the first movie was that it was in Mandarin.  When I hit play to start the movie, I was rewarded by subtitles and Mandarin.  I'm sure you can go into the settings and watch it in English.  I was happy to see that they did film it in Mandarin.  I found it to be a great edition to the series.  I hope that they adapt more of the stories if they exist.  I found it to have a good balance of story to fighting.  Donnie Yen was as good as he always is.  This year, American audiences will get to see him in a big movie: Star Wars: Rogue One.  Michelle Yeoh was great in the roll she reprises from the first movie.  If you get a chance, give this a watch.  You probably should watch the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon first.  Some of the story may not make sense.

No comments: