Ad

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Win Some, Lose Some. When your Heart is bigger than your Wallet

So today I received bad news.  I have been trying to get Angie to inquire about an 11 year old that is up for adoption.  She has been in the orphanage since birth.  I only wanted to try and give her a home.  Earlier in our adoption, Angie had requested two.  The agency sort of approved us, but called and said they did not think that China would allow it.  Recently, China has come out with new rules.  We thought this might be an opening for us.

Wrong.  Angie sent the email.  They replied that the one child we are interested in is going to take a lot of care and also, we don't make enough.  Funny thing is that the book I am reading talks about all the money issues surrounding adoptions and how it is perceived as being for the rich.  We are rich of heart, but not of wallet.   Maybe we will raise lots of money in the next couple of months and be able to set some aside for another child.  Knowing my wife, two to three years from now, we will be preparing for another.  I only wish we could have given this child a family.

No comments: