Ad

Friday, December 5, 2014

Frozen Fever. Frozen from around the world

Unless you have been living under a rock, you know that Disney's Frozen has taken the world by storm.  At the same time, we know the province that our child is located at.  She lives in Harbin, China.  This is a city in the province of Heilongjiang.  This province border Russia.  Every year they do an Ice and Snow Festival.  I read that it can go to -35.0 C(-31.0 F).  I do not think we will get to go during the winter.  It may be more like spring.  Researching, I am looking forward to going there to experience the culture.

Getting back to the movie Frozen.  My daughters loved this movie.  I like some of the music, but I must confess, I still have not sat down to watch it.  Early on, I heard a version of Let it Go by Demi Lovato.  I did not like it.  I guess it's the way she sings it.  I prefer the one by Idina Menzel.  I keep up with Asian music through Facebook.  It's the only way I can find out if artists are releasing music.  One day they did a post of a K-Pop singer doing the song.  This lead to many Korean artists to do the same thing.  I guess it was a competition to see who could sing it the best.

The version I liked was by a singer named Hyolyn.  By the looks of it, she was the artist Disney commissioned to do the song for Korea.  I will attach the version and judge for yourself.  Another artist, name Park Ji Min who is a part of 15&, did a version of Do you Want toBuild a Snowman.  Her version is in English.  I was impressed with the way she started sounding like a child and then transitioned into a more mature sounding voice.  If you like it, share it.  I think these artists are very good.  Many people, I'm included, do not like hearing things that are not in thier language.  Since I started adopting, my tastes have changed.  I only wish they'd come to this country.

No comments: