Ad

Friday, December 26, 2014

A wish for Christmas. Try to make a difference in others lives

It was a great Christmas.  I think over the years, we have learned about buying too many gifts.  I did not even ask for anything.  At 42, I feel I have what I want.  I'd rather see the happiness in the children.  The girls all got what they wanted and were satisfied.

I wish I were rich.  Not for the fact that it could buy me things.  I'd love to fly over to an orphanage and get all the children gifts.  Unfortunately, the orphanage would probably keep them when the children move on.  That happened in each of our adoptions.  With Michelle, they even asked for the clothes on her back.  We decided to keep them, but gave them other clothes in return  I would just love to have the money to make a difference in many kids lives.  I know I have done that for our children, but I want to do more.

I think another great idea would be to open some kind of foster/assistance house in a rural part of China.  We would take in children to give them what they would need prior to be adopting, while at the same time offering a place that can assist children of families that have gone to the cities to work.


No comments: