A Chicken Flew the Coop

I get a text today to go after a chicken. Our neighbor saw one in her yard. I was surprised because our chickens go everywhere, especially the Guineas. This one was acting strange. I went over with the food scoop. Usually, they come running. This chicken just stayed there. I had to climb the fence to get to it. It let me come up to it. They don't usually do that. I picked it up. It felt warm. I tossed it over the fence. Luckily, the grass was tall. The chicken did not flap its wings. They are not the best flyers, but they will do it to get around short distances. Another thing is this chickens head was a little strange. Sort of like a fungus. I did not really see its eyes. I decided to drop it in the back yard. If it is sick, I do not want it getting the others sick. It can still find food and there is water. I wonder if a predator grabbed it and lost hold of it in her yard. I still can't understand how it got over there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Chickens

The Long Walk

I Feel Lost