Ad

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

What was the Shortest Adoption you have Been Through?

Of the four adoptions we have been through, I would say our first one was our shortest.  It was short on the time we needed to wait.  Unfortunately, it flew by when we were over in China.  I would blame the fact that it was our first time.  We really did not know what to expect.  We had heard crazy things from people who had done it and we should have ignored them.  China is a normal place. They have stores, restaurants and bathrooms.  We may not be used to half of the bathrooms.  If I could repeat that adoption, I would do things differently.  I would investigate where we were going.  I would plan to get out of my hotel more than we did.  I would visit locations of interest and eat more local food.  I would take a lot more pictures.  Just remember this, stop and smell the roses.  Take time to enjoy the culture, the food, and the people.  For some of you, it may be the only time you visit China.

No comments: