Ad

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Bloodsucking Vampires!

On Wednesdays, the girls attend a church activity.  For the last two weeks, Angie has had me bring them.  I did not mind.  I have been reading Red Mandarin Dress by Qui Xiaolong.  If you like detective stories, then check this one out.  It was really good.  I am getting ready to start another by the same author.  Getting back to my story.  I sit in the car, while the girls attend their church activity.  Luckily, we have been getting a little cooler.  It is comfortable to sit in the car and read as the sun goes down.  But  just like the horror movies, once the sun has gone down, the vampires come out to search for victims.

A buzzing was starting to drive me crazy,  I knew they were in the car.  I think the one on my right ear was distracting me from the one on my left side.  Finally, I turn on the car, roll up the windows and turn off the radio.  I try swatting where ever I hear buzzing.  I manage to get one, but the others allude me.  I pull out my phone and turn on the flashlight.  I am determined to get the remaining suckers.  It takes some time, but I manage to get them all.  I have the battle scars in the form of welts on my arms and legs.  When the girls come out, I tell them to get in quickly.  I did not want any more mosquitoes in the car.

No comments: