Ad

Monday, April 4, 2016

Pretzel Logic

I had to entertain some of Michelle's friends last night.  We agreed to watch them for their mother.  I was going to make a Chinese meal, but I changed that to hot dogs.  Not just normal dogs.  I wanted to make pretzel dogs.  I found a recipe and started to make it.  When you cook, you should always read the recipe and make sure you have all the ingredients. I did, but I ran into another problem.  The recipe called for 10 cups of flour.  I should have halved the recipe.  I did  not think of that.  That is until I tried putting 10 cups of flour in the bread maker.  I think it can only do about 5 at the most.  I got in 5 cups and let it run.  When it ended, all I had was a sticky mess.  I did not give up.  I kept putting flour into the sticky mixture, until it stopped being sticky.  Then, I took some olive oil and poured a little on the dough turned it to cover and covered it with a towel.  It ended up raising.  It turned out to be really good.  I wrapped the hot dogs in dough.  I gave them a bath and put them in the oven.  I still had plenty of dough left over.  I made some regular pretzels.  

No comments: