Ad

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Race Against Time

When I originally rented the car, I did not know when I was going to return.  I played it safe and went with dropping off the car the day after I returned.  We got done around 3:30 or so and we were closer than I started.  I hit the gas and got on the turnpike.  I passed the first gas station.  I felt the car was getting great mileage.  When the second one came up, I was getting a little nervous.  I did not want to run out of gas.  I put $10.  They were about .20 gallon higher than Orlando.  I also knew that they have a toll road markup.  I got to town an hour before they closed.  Work traffic was getting heavy.  I needed to stop and fill up the tank before returning.  At the same time, I really needed to go to the bathroom.  I was even eyeing an empty water bottle.  I did not need it.  I made it with about 30 minutes to spare.  I used the bathroom and pumped the gas.  I waited for the receipt.  Just my luck. No receipt.  I had to run in to get one.  I got back on the road and had 15 minutes.  The traffic was really heavy.  I was in one lane the everyone turning blocked the straight lane.  My phone starts to ring.  It's Angie.  Where am I?  They do not have after hours drop off and they were not going to wait on me.  By the time I pulled in, I had about 3 minutes till they closed.

No comments: