Ad

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

In the Nick of Time

After getting off work, I had planned to drive home and bring the girls out to eat.  I knew if we made it to Steak and Shake before 5, we could get half off shakes.  Then, Angie threw in a monkey wrench. She wanted me to stop and get some prescriptions.  I did that and made it home by about 4:30.  I rushed the girls into the car and we rushed over to the restaurant.  When you have to be some where quick, you know what kind of traffic you will meet.  We had slow drivers, idiots in the wrong lane and even a bus.  We did it.  We were in the restaurant by about 4:55.  We didn't get seated until about 5:00.  I asked if we had made it.  Our waitress looked at the clock and said it was 5:00 and she did not think the computer would allow it.  She offered she could ask the manager.  I said, please ask.  Sure enough, the manager allowed it.  The waitress did not include Kiersten's drink, but I guess I should be happy with what we got.  

No comments: