Ad

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Fly Like an Eagle

We saw Eddie the Eagle last night.  It was a great and inspirational film.  To me, it had a feeling of the first time I saw The Karate Kid.  Even down to the 80's music.  I think it's a movie everyone should see, especially young people.  It has a great message to never give up on your dreams.  Taron Ederton and Hugh Jackman were great.  After the movie, I even looked up the real Eddie the Eagle.  I found that after he made it to the Olympics, the Olympic board enacted a rule to make sure only the top athletes can attend the games.  I think that is sad.  In the past, it used to be about amateur athletes.  Now it seems only well funded or rich kids are the only ones who can attend.  With their money, they can train with the best or just train in a facility that others may not be able to afford.

No comments: