Ad

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Repurposing the Bunk

Kiersten has been asking me to clear off the top bunk of her bed.  That meant relocating the posters.  I have been putting it off.  This weekend, I had plenty of time.  I started by moving the posters.  Then, I had to find the parts to the upper bunk.  As I looked at the bunk, I realized I could change it into a loft.  I removed the bottom railing.  I found the rails and ladder.  After adding, I realized that the ladder had to attach to the bottom rail.  I went into the garage and looked for inspiration.  I found a board that I could cut and attach to the bed.  I actually had to use the table saw and drill.  Once attached, it looked good.  I even got on the top bunk.  It seems sturdy.  I hope Kiersten is surprised.  She will have things to go through, though.

No comments: