Ad

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Late Night Chess with my Daughters

I woke up last night.  I heard what I thought was the news.  I was thinking "no, it's not time to wake!".  I got up to check my phone and it was 11:00.  My daughters were still up.  I made my move.  I went and told them to go to bed.  Kiersten folded.  Michelle countered my move.  She sat there and said no.  I sat there looking at the board.  What move will I make?  I countered her move by going into the great room and unplugging a device.  I go back and say "Check".  Time for bed.  She looks at me and says what are you talking about, still looking at the Internet.  I grab my phone and go back to see what I had unplugged.  It was some device Angie uses to enhance phone service.  I plugged it back in.  I found the router and unplugged in.  I go back and say Check Mate!  She was not happy.  She put down her computer and goes to the living room.  She still has a device.  I sit for a couple of minutes.  Finally, I plug it back in and go to bed.  I don't know if she found that I had plugged it in.  At least it was quiet. If she were not so mad at me, she would have replied "Well played father!"

No comments: