Ad

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

When is a Gym like a Car Dealership?

We went to a gym yesterday for a tour of their facility.  I knew we were in trouble when I looked in their window.  They had tables set up like a car dealership.  We were in for some wheeling and dealing.  The first thing we did was to drop off the older children in the Kid's Area.  Then we sat down.  The person started out his sales speech.  Angie let him know we are just touring and trying to find out about pricing.  He gave us a quick tour.  It was like any other gym.  It was time for the sales speech.  Once I heard about the one time 200 fee, I tuned out.  He even talked about special deals, but would not mention unless we were ready to sign up right then and there.  It was already out of my price range.  Luckily, Angie has a benefit through her insurance that allows her to get free membership.  At least, she will be able to exercise at a facility.  I, on the other hand, will have to start doing it the old fashioned way.  Maybe, I can encourage my daughters to join me.

No comments: