Ad

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

I Must be in the Front Row (My Review of Concussion)

That statement reminds me of the Bob Uecker commercials when I was younger.  Unfortunately, it's not so great when your seats are in the front row of a movie theater.  They held our sneak of Concussion in one of the smaller theaters.  I was not right in the front, but close enough.

The movie was great.  Will Smith does an excellent job.  Gugu Mbath-Raw did a great job as a women who becomes the wife of Will Smith's character.  I saw her in a film in 2014 called Belle.  If you have not seen this movie, you need to check it out.  I did not know if I'd like this movie, but it was really good.  Rumor has it that Gugu Mbath-Raw may be joining Star Wars Episode 8.  I hope so.  She is a really talented actress.

After seeing this movie, I would not be rushing to have my sons play football.  That is if I had sons.  My question would be what is it worth?

I want to add one last thing.  I try not to go to much into the movies.  I hate reviews that spell out everything.  For most you either want to see it or not.  Maybe my review might push you if you are undecided.  I don't like to know much about a movie before seeing it, so I don't want to do the same to people who might want to.

At the movie, we had one of the regulars in line.  He fashions himself a film critic.  He was in rare form.  He was on a rant about Sisters.  What made his rant so funny is that he sounded like George Costanza from Seinfeld.  He was very excited about how much he hated the movie.  I had to hear his rant three times.

No comments: