Ad

Monday, October 6, 2014

Noodle King: A Restaurant featured on a Travel show

On our second adoption, our guide asked if there were things we wanted to see in China.  I had recently watched on the the food shows in America.  They had gone to this really neat noodle shop.  I threw it out there.

After fulfilling many of our requests, we had to go to Guangzhou, China.  This is where she brought us to this noodle shop.  I wish I could remember the name.  Looking over my pictures, I found that it was Noodle King.  It was very good.  We actually got to visit it on our third adoption, also.

When you go in, you have to wait to be seated.  Once you are called, you go by on open kitchen.  They chefs are preparing different kinds of noodle dishes.  After our order was in, I went up to the kitchen area.  The chefs were flinging, roping, and tossing noodles in the air with precision.

The food was really good, but I must warn you, they did not have a western toilet.  This was one of those rare moments where I had to use a squat pot.  Thankfully, I did not fall in.

At one point during our first visit, Kiersten decided she had to go to the bathroom.  Before I could show her where they were, she was headed towards that direction.  Then she turned when she should have went straight.  I could not say anything to her.  She did not know English.  She went up to a door and opened it.  She walked right into a business meeting.  I quickly grabbed her and tried to say excuse us.




No comments: