Lone Wolf and Cub
When I was younger, my brother and I would attend the Boys Club. It was fun. We got to do things and it kept us from wandering Oceanside streets while my mom worked. The would do trips to parks and baseball games. I even got autographs one time. Sometimes, they would do a sleepover at the club. Those were fun. They'd have food, games and movies. I got to see some classics. One movie I remember was called Shogun Assassin. It was a Samurai exploitation movie. It had some graphic violence. What I did not know until later in life was that Shogun Assassin was a mixtape movie. Some studio had taken this Japanese movie, of which there were multiple, and cut them down to one movie. That movie series went under Lone Wolf and Cub. It is the story of a Samurai whose family and master are killed. He roams the land with his toddler son seeking revenge, while offering his services to people in need. Imagine my surprise when I find out that this set of movies is in the Criterion Collection. I thought there were only high brow award winning films. I soon found out that they cover a array of different genres. I had to buy the set. If you want to see a great series of movies check it out. I really wish they could remake it. But, it would have to be similar to the way Shogun has been shot. I would think it would be an all Japanese cast in Japanese. I know Hollywood, they would mess it up. Maybe have Tom Cruise star in it with a bunch of English actors. They would probably cut the amount of money and tell them to remake Shogun Assassin.
Lone Wolf and Cub Buy Now
Comments