Ad

Thursday, August 28, 2014

$17 Pizza: High Price of eating Western food in China

When you are in China, you get to eat lots of Chinese foods or McDonald's/KFC.  You do get sick of it.  Pizza Hut is in China.  On our first trip, our guide ordered pizzas from there.  It was so good.  It was as good as the pizza here.  I might be overdoing it, but on the first trip, we were leery about eating.  Too many stories about the food from previous adoptive families.  Stories of which were more of their biased opinions than actual fact.  We loved the food. 


On our second trip, or was it the third, I can't remember.  We had made it to Guangzhou.  On one of our shopping trips, we saw a Papa John's.  We decided to give it a try.  The pizza was good.  The restaurant did not have many people in it.  I did take a picture of the menu. 

During the meal or after, it caught up with me.  I turned to Angie and asked her about the price.  Once you do the conversion, the pizza cost us $17.  It was good, but I will not pay that much for a pizza again.  If you go to China, make sure you do the conversion before ordering. 

No comments: