Ad

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Hong Chau is an Amazing Actress

I first saw Hong Chau in Inherent Vice.  She only had a small role, but she really stood out for me.  Then, I saw her in Treme.  She was great in that.  Now, she is in Downsizing.  I have not seen this, but I want to.  People are praising her for her role as a Vietnamese activist.  There are also people attacking her for stereotyping.  I can see where this can happen in Hollywood.  It does not look like that.  What are people of color to do to make it in Hollywood?  Their roles are awfully limited.  They make the best of the roles they get. Hong Chau is very talented.  I'd love to see more of her in films. I'd love to see more Asian actors in film and television.  I hope during this award season, Hong Chau gets some recognition.  I hope the this will lead to more roles.

No comments: