Ad

Monday, January 1, 2018

Drone Mishap

I got a drone for Christmas.  I finally got around to charging the battery.  Like all great men of the past and future, I decided to fore go the instructions and wing it.  I went into our eating area to start the process.  In our eating area are two ceiling fans.  It's Florida, so they are always on.  I plugged in the battery for the drone.  Then, it was time for the remote.  I plugged in the batteries.  I turned it in and nothing.  I'm pressing buttons.  Next thing I know, it comes to life and like Frankenstein's monster, it rises.  Only it rose faster than I expected.  I guess it would have been a great sitcom moment.  The drone flies into the blades of the fans.  I could imagine a pinball moment between the two fans.  My wife would have killed me.  Instead, I did a brave and stupid thing.  I swatted it down.  Let me tell you, those drone blades hurt. I quickly switched the control to off. It stopped.

No comments: