Ad

Friday, November 22, 2019

AJR Nominations?

Goes to show you why awards seasons suck.  Whether it's movies or music, it's all just a popularity contest.  I discovered AJR this year.  I would say their latest album is a masterpiece.  I can not come up with many albums that have as many good songs as the Neotheater album has.  Their live performance was a visual and audio delight.  The whole crowd loved it.  When it comes to nominees, they are blending too many categories.  What's the point of having a Rock category and placing a Rap artist in or when they add a folk group as best new Metal band.  That is the Grammy's.  I would just say, don't get you music by what these groups give awards to.  Listen to all and make up your own mind.  From the nominations, I did not see anything worth my time.  Just a popularity contest. 

No comments: