Ad

Monday, November 30, 2015

Picky Eater

Elana can be a real picky eater.  It would be great if she could just tell us what she liked or disliked, but that is not how you find out.  You find out after you give her something.  If she likes it, she eats it.  If she does not, she spits it out.  She also has a habit of spitting it out when she needs a drink.  Then she will continue to eat it.  At the end, if she spits it out twice, she is done with the meal.  She did not really like many of the Thanksgiving foods.  Last night, I pureed some turkey and added mayo.  She would not eat it.  So, I put it on a sandwich roll.  At this point, she ate it.  She still had moments where she would spit out the meat part of it.

On Saturday, I brought Elana and Michelle to Taco Bell.  We were going to go to Ikea for food, but Angie did not want to go.  Michelle got a little upset.  I guess I should not have told her until it happened.  So, I decided to bring them to a closer place.  I brought Elana because she can be a real handful and she seems to get upset when I leave her.

Looking at the menu, I had to find something simple for Elana.  I did not know if she would like it.  I got a taco.  I started with some lettuce, cheese, and meat.  She ate it.  The I gave her more.  Later, I tried lettuce and she spit it out.  I know she will eat the taco meat.  Also, she does not like soda.  She tried some and pushed it away.  We got her some water and she was happy with that.

No comments: