Ad

Monday, March 28, 2022

Watching Older Movies

 With a glut of poor movies, I have started looking back at past movies that I have either watched or missed.  What stands out is the acting, storylines and special effects.  I watched the Incredible Shrinking Man.  It was filmed in 1957.  The effects rival some of the computer effects of today.  That is a sad thing.  You'd think in this day and age the effects would be top notch.  One thing is an over reliance on Computer effects.  I read that when they filmed the Thing prequel, they used practical effects.  When the film company saw the movie they took out all the practical effects and replaced them with CGI.  It was terrible.   Another thing I like about older movies is catching actors/actresses who are not stars of the films.  This may be their first movie.  They might play secondary background characters.  

No comments: