Ad

Monday, August 13, 2018

Death of a Garden

Driving home the other day, I had an uneasy feeling in my stomach.  The gardens I created and tried to nurture were being ripped from the ground.  As I turned in, I saw the carnage.  Bodies of cacti were everywhere.  I can't even say they were ripped from the ground.  Some looked as if they were hacked from the ground.  They killed all of my pineapple plants.  It was a devastating sight to see.  Saturday, I got on my work clothes and I tried to rescue as much as I could.  I thought I did a pretty good job.  I did have an unfortunate run in with an ant nest.  I did not know it until I felt something on my arm.  I looked at it and I was covered in fire ants.  I swatted, I tore off my gloves, and I ran inside.  I took some allergy meds.  The next day, I had a trail of fire blisters.  They appear after a bite from a fire ant.

No comments: