Autograph Seeking

 When I was younger, I used to write actors, authors, and cartoonists that I like.  Sometimes, I would be successful.  Sometimes, I would get an auto pen signature.  I never payed for them.  I did send a self addressed stamped envelope.  Nowadays, you can attend a convention and pay for that privilege.  In some ways I get it.  You can talk to them directly.  You see them do it. At the prices they charge, what other value does it have?  I could not spend that kind of money for one signature.  I really wouldn’t know what to say that a million others have already said.  I do like that it gives actors that do not always make the big bucks a chance to make money.  It also lets fans see a person that might have been in a bunch of their favorite movies but not the main star.  Those actors are more impressive to me.  They stand out, even if you don’t know their name!  If you had a chance to meet someone like this, what would you say?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Chickens

I Feel Lost

The Long Walk