Pleasant Goat and Big Big Wolf
I may have written about this in the past. It is worth discussing. This cartoon is entertaining, even though it is in Mandarin. We first found out about it when we adopted our 7 year old daughter. Entering our hotel room for the first time, she went right to the controller and turned on cartoons. This shocked us. We did not think they would have tv's in the orphanage. I guess the TV is an international babysitter. Our daughter knew the schedules and channels. Pleasant Goat came on and my other two daughters were fixated by this show. They had no dubbing or translation. I will say, it was easy to figure out the show. It was like Roadrunner and Coyote. The wolf is always coming up with schemes to catch a goat and eat it. Every time, the goats use their skills to thwart wolf. That is the show. It is very popular in China. They have even done multiple movies. In stores, the images are on a lot of kids toys. I was looking at Temu and they even have branded items you can buy. Later in the day, we talked to the other families. We told them there was a great cartoon like Spongebob. Man, did they freak out. They do not let their children watch Spongebob. The only cartoons they are allowed to watch are the Veggie Tales. At that point, I felt sorry for them.
Comments