Ad

Monday, July 27, 2026

Hot Out There!

 Yesterday, I was looking out at our backyard.  On the fence I sight a hawk.  That is bad.  If they get hungry, they could grab a chicken.  I grabbed my BB Gun and went out.  He didn't like me coming out and flew off.  This is getting me concerned.  It was hot and humid.  Since I was out with my gun, I decided to double down on the heat.  I went into one of the buildings and started kicking things in the corners.  Sure enough, rats started to scurry.  I aimed and took shots.  I do think I hit one of them.  It's hard to tell.  Sometimes, it feels like shooting fish in a barrel.  Most of the time, they are too quick.  After I had exhausted my bb's, I went to check on the rabbits and another area where the mice and rats like to hide.  I saw nothing.  But, then I saw one of the rabbits laying on its side.  I opened the cage and it was stiff.  I guess the heat got to it.  Now, we are down to 3.  I bury the rabbit.  At this point, I had had enough.  I walk in and all of a sudden, my drenched shirt hit my back.  It was cold.  I quickly took it off to dry.  I am ready for the fall.  I hope we do not get super powered hurricanes this year.  

No comments: