Late Night Chess with my Daughters

I woke up last night.  I heard what I thought was the news.  I was thinking "no, it's not time to wake!".  I got up to check my phone and it was 11:00.  My daughters were still up.  I made my move.  I went and told them to go to bed.  Kiersten folded.  Michelle countered my move.  She sat there and said no.  I sat there looking at the board.  What move will I make?  I countered her move by going into the great room and unplugging a device.  I go back and say "Check".  Time for bed.  She looks at me and says what are you talking about, still looking at the Internet.  I grab my phone and go back to see what I had unplugged.  It was some device Angie uses to enhance phone service.  I plugged it back in.  I found the router and unplugged in.  I go back and say Check Mate!  She was not happy.  She put down her computer and goes to the living room.  She still has a device.  I sit for a couple of minutes.  Finally, I plug it back in and go to bed.  I don't know if she found that I had plugged it in.  At least it was quiet. If she were not so mad at me, she would have replied "Well played father!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Chickens

I Feel Lost

The Long Walk